Spinach and Pine Nut Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (pignoli)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the pine nuts in a hot skillet until slightly browned to give
them a little stronger flavor.
- Mix all ingredients. Spread mixture in ungreased 9 x 5 x 3-inch
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.