Stuffed Meat Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion,
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons
chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, ketchup, salt and pepper. Add beef and mix
well. Pat half of the meat mixture into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- For stuffing, sauté the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper; sauté until crumbs are lightly
browned. Spoon over meat layer; cover with remaining meat mixture and press down
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until no pink remains, draining fat when
Yield: 6 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.