Stuffed Pepper Meat Loaf
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded American cheese
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut top from green pepper; remove seeds and halve lengthwise. Cook,
covered, in boiling salted water 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, cheese, ketchup, salt, Worcestershire
sauce and pepper. Add ground beef and mix thoroughly. Stuff pepper
halves with some of the meat mixture.
- Pat half the remaining meat in bottom of foil-lined 8 x 4-inch loaf
pan. Place stuffed pepper halves, cut side down, on meat. Carefully
press remaining meat over and around peppers to make smooth loaf.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 1 3/4 hours.
- Uncover; bake 15 minutes more.
- Spoon off excess fat as it accumulates.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Loaf Recipes