- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 pound browned ground beef or turkey
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn, canned or frozen and thawed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 3 x 5-inch loaf pan and
- In a skillet sauté the onions in the oil until lightly browned.
Add the tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Add the cornmeal gradually;
cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and add the ground beef, corn, eggs, salt,
pepper, paprika and chili powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Pat mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Let set for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Serves 6 to 8.