Tangy Meat Loaf
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- In large bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Reserve 4
tablespoons mixture for topping.
- To remaining mixture, add Worcestershire,
salt, onion and garlic powders, pepper and egg. Blend well. Stir
in green pepper and Chex. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Break up Chex. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into loaf in shallow
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 65 minutes.
- Spread top with reserved ketchup mixture. Bake additional 15 minutes.
Yield: about 6 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.