Texas Ham Loaf
- 1 pound smoked ham, ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until
it has softened.
- Combine onion with remaining ingredients except
apple cider, dark brown sugar and the 2 teaspoons of prepared yellow
mustard. Mix well. Place the meat in a loaf pan, and smooth its
- Bake the ham loaf about 1 hour.
- While the loaf bakes, combine the apple cider, brown sugar and 2
teaspoons prepared yellow mustard.
- After the ham loaf has baked
45 to 50 minutes, brush it with the glaze, and continue baking for
another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let
it sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting the loaf.
- Serve the
ham loaf hot, at room temperature, or cold.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.