Tropical Meat Loaf
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the bacon and marmalade, together.
Spread the mixture in an ungreased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
the bacon slices on the top of the meat mixture and spread the marmalade
over the meat loaf.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Drain off the excess fat
and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.