- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place olive oil and chopped onion in a skillet over medium-low heat
and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the
onion is golden brown.
- Remove the onion to a large bowl and add
all of the remaining ingredients. Mix together gently until just
combined. Do not over-mix.
- Bake in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan for 45
- Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.