This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cherry Sweet and Sour Pork
- 1 pound lean pork, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup pitted and halved fresh sweet cherries
- Brown pork in oil. Add 1/4 cup water, vinegar, salt, mustard and
cloves. Simmer covered, about 20 minutes or until meat is tender
and cooked, then add green pepper and onion.
- Combine 1/3 cup water, sugar and cornstarch; stir into pork mixture.
Cook and stir until thickened and clear.
- Gently stir in cherries; heat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice.