Florentine Pork in French Bread Boats
Florentine Pork in French Bread Boats is great for a light dinner or weekend
- 2 pork tenderloin, (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing, (reduced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 ounces
spinach, washed and trimmed
- 3 French bread (6 inch pieces), split lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut pork into slices 1/4-inch thick. Place pork in plastic bag; add dressing,
turning to coat. Tie bag securely and marinate at least 15 minutes (no longer than
1 1/2 hours). Remove pork from marinade and discard marinade.
- Brown pork in oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 4-5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and spinach. Cover tightly and cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes
or until spinach is wilted. Pour off liquid. Meanwhile remove soft centers from
bread to form "boats". Spoon 1 cup pork mixture into each boat. Sprinkle each with
equal amount of cheese.
- Serve with pasta salad and fresh fruit.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Marinating Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Information Calories: 325 calories Protein: 31 grams Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 420 milligrams Cholesterol: 76 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates:
29 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com