Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Pork and Vegetables
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork (such as shoulder or butt), trimmed of excess fat and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges, layers separated
- 1/4 pound Chinese pea pods (snow or sugar peas); or 1 package frozen Chinese pea pods, thawed and drained
- Sauce: Stir all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Pork and Vegetables: Dip pork cubes in beaten egg; drain
briefly and roll in cornstarch to coat lightly; shake off excess.
- Place a wok over high heat. When
wok is hot, add 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- When oil is hot, add half
the pork; stir fry until evenly browned (5 to 7 minutes).
- Lift pork from wok and set aside.
- Repeat to brown remaining meat, adding more oil as needed.
- Add remaining oil (about 2 tablespoons)
- Add bell peppers and onion; stir fry until vegetables are
tender-crisp to bite (about 2 minutes).
- Add pea pods, then stir sauce and add. Stir until sauce boils and
thickens; return pork to wok and stir until heated through.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
>> PORK RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.