This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Party Pork Barbecue
- 1 pound pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 2-inch thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Coat pork in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper, using all the flour. Brown in oil in large skillet,.
- Add celery, green pepper, onion, pineapple, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Tip: To keep warm, put rice in oven-proof dish or casserole, pushing
rice up around edges. Pour barbecue pork mixture in center. Place
in warm oven for up to 30 minutes.
Source: A Treasury of Bake Off Favorites - 1969