Pork Pepper Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- Cut meat across the grain into 1/2-inch slices, then slice again lengthwise.
- Brown pork in nonstick skillet over low heat; add garlic,
tomato, soy and Worcestershire sauces, pepper and 1 cup of the water.
Cover and simmer mixture about 45 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper, onion and celery. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Add to skillet mixture, stirring until mixture thickens.
(292 calories per serving) 1 serving=1 1/2 Vegetable exchanges
3 Lean Meat exchanges 1 1/2 Fat exchanges
>> PORK RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.