Pork Steaks with Potato Dumplings
- 2 pork steaks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut
- Pork Steaks: Dice pork steaks and sauté in shortening until almost done.
- Add chopped onion and continue to sauté until done. Set aside.
- Dumplings: Grate potatoes. Add salt to taste and enough flour to make a stiff batter - not too dry.
- Drop mixture one teaspoon at a time into boiling water. Boil until dumplings float on top of water.
- Turn down heat and boil five minutes longer; drain. Rinse in cold water; drain.
- Heat meat mixture and add dumplings, then stir until all dumplings are heated.
- Serve with heated sauerkraut.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
>> PORK RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.