A simplified version of the classic Spanish one-dish-meal paella. Easy enough
for everyday, but impressive enough for company. Serve with sangria and hot French
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron
- 1 cup green peas (thawed if frozen)
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimento, drained
- 12 green olives
- Brown pork in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; remove.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic and remaining oil. Continue cooking until
slightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Return pork to pan and stir in salt, bay leaf, tomatoes and pepper.
- Add rice, water, bouillon and sherry.
- Dissolve saffron in small amount of water and add. Bring to boil, cover and simmer
low 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with green peas, olives and pimientos.
Prep time 20 min | Cook time 35 min | Serves 8
Nutritional Information: Calories: 410 calories Protein: 25 grams Fat: 12
grams Sodium: 2190 milligrams Cholesterol: 50 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 48 grams Fiber: 4 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
>> PORK RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.