This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Santa Fe Schnitzel
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, sliced into 4 equal pieces
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chiles
- 4 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream, if desired
- Pound each loin slice to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Rinse chiles and pat dry. Place one chile and one slice of cheese on one-half of each
thin cutlet. Fold other half over, creating an "envelope."
Press edges firmly together.
- In shallow dish, mix together bread crumbs and seasoning mix.
- Coat each cutlet with flour, dip into egg, and coat with crumb-seasoning mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook cutlets 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once, until golden brown.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of sour cream.