Skillet Pork Lo Mein
Tastefully marinated pork strips are simmered in the skillet before the vegetables are added. You can add any vegetables you desire. It's fun to play with recipes!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)*
- 1/2 cup water*
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 pound fresh Chinese pea pods
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package fine egg noodles
- In a large bowl, blend juice, soy sauce, oil, sugar and ginger; add pork. Cover and marinate in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour (if possible).
- In skillet, add pork and marinade; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- * If using, stir in cornstarch blended with water. Bring to boil, then simmer, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Add vegetables and simmer, covered, an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Toss pork mixture with noodles.
>> PORK RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
Photo credit: jeffreyww /