Give your dinner a tropical twist. This nutritious pork dish is bursting with
sweet and tangy flavors and free radical-fighting antioxidants. Feel free to make
it again and again – it’s deliciously easy on the budget.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can Del Monte® Pineapple Chunks in 100% Juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with soy sauce. Toss with meat until all pieces
are coated. Brown in hot oil; drain.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add reserved juice, vinegar, sugar and garlic
powder to meat. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until
meat is no longer pink.
- Dissolve remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch in water; add to meat. Cook, stirring
constantly, until thickened and translucent.
- Add pineapple; heat through.
- Serve on bed of cabbage.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 45 min | Serves: 6
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Del Monte Foods
>> PORK RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.