Almond- and Peach-Crusted Pork Chops
Here's a peach of a recipe that you can get on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
cup coarsely chopped sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 pork boneless loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Beat egg and preserves in shallow dish with fork, breaking apart any large pieces
- Mix Bisquick mix, almonds, cornmeal and salt in another shallow dish.
- Dip pork chops into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook pork chops in
oil 15 to 18 minutes, turning once, until crust is golden brown and pork is no longer
pink in center.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Time 10 Min | Total Time 28 Min | Servings 6
Heat additional peach preserves until melted, and drizzle over the chops.
Apricot preserves can be substituted for the peach preserves.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving Calories280 ( Calories from Fat145 ), Total
Fat16 g (Saturated Fat4 g, ), Cholesterol100 mg Sodium250 mg Total Carbohydrate8
g (Dietary Fiber1 g ), Protein26 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A0%; Vitamin C0%; Calcium4%; Iron8%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe and photo credit: