Apple-Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup peeled and diced tart apples
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 rib pork chops, cut 1-inch thick with pocket
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- Melt butter in small skillet; add onion and saute until transparent.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, blend onion with bread crumbs, apples, poultry
seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, egg and water. Spoon about 2
tablespoons of stuffing into the pocket of each pork chop. Fasten with wooden picks.
Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper on chops.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet; add pork chops and brown on both sides. Remove to
13 x 9-inch baking dish. Pour orange juice over all.
- Cover and bake in 300 degree F oven for 4 hours.
Yield: 6 servings
The 3/4 cup apples may be substituted with 1/2 cup raisins and 1/4 cup finely