Baked Pork Chops with
- 1 1/2 cups Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (each about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Orange wedges (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, sage, cumin, and lemon peel in pie dish.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend. Place flour on plate; season generously with
salt and pepper. Coat pork chops on both sides with flour; shake off excess. Dip
chops into eggs, then coat on both sides with breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
Add pork chops to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer skillet with pork to oven.
- Bake until pork chops are crisp on the outside and meat thermometer inserted
into pork registers 150 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer pork chops to plates. Garnish with lemon wedges and orange wedges, if
desired, and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Posted by warden2three at Recipe Goldmine May 30, 2001.