Black Walnut Praline
Pork Chops and Apples
This recipe has been featured by Chef Jim Lekander on Taste of the Ozarks recipes
on KY3 TV in Springfield, Missouri.
- 4 pork chops, approximately 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup Hammons Black Walnuts
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat sear the pork chops on both
sides then turn down the heat to medium. Add the black walnuts to the skillet and
cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until the pork chops are done, approximately
Recipe and photo credit:
Hammons Products Company, Stockton, Missouri.