Calypso Pork Chops
You will love the grilled flavor of these delicious chops.
- 6 boneless pork chops, about 4 ounces each
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a self-sealing plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate
for 4-24 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade; discarding leftover marinade.
- Grill chops quickly over indirect heat in covered grill about 10-12 minutes,
turning once to brown both sides.
Yield: 6 servings
The marinade is made with basic ingredients you probably already have in your
Serve chops with steamed green beans, rice and corn bread.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 247 calories Protein 31 grams Fat 9 grams Sodium
386 milligrams Cholesterol 93 milligrams Saturated Fat 3 grams Carbohydrates 31
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.