Caramel Apple Pork Chops
Caramel sauce is spooned over the pork chops and apples, then sprinkled with pecans.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and
black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tart red apples, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chops for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally,
until both sides are evenly browned. Remove; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add
butter to skillet; stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook for 3-4
minutes or just until apples are tender.
- Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops; keep warm. Continue
cooking mixture in skillet, uncovered, until sauce thickens slightly. Spoon sauce
over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.
Yield: 4 servings
The flavor of the classic apple treat is a perfect fall taste for this meal.
Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Nutrition Facts: 330 calories; Protein 30 grams; Fat 18 grams; Sodium 100
milligrams; Cholesterol 100 milligrams; Saturated Fat 6 grams; Carbohydrates 12
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.