Caramelized Onion Smothered Pork Chops
Caramelized Onion Smothered Pork Chops are exceptionally delicious. They will most
certainly become a part of your meal rotation.
- 4 boneless pork chops, with as much fat removed as possible
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Season both sides of pork chops with garlic powder, sage, thyme, salt and
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat, evenly
coating the bottom of the skillet.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Cook both sides of chops for 10-15 minutes
until lightly browned.
- Push chops to outside edges of skillet. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons
butter in the center of the skillet and add onions to the center of the
skillet, sprinkling with sugar.Replace skillet cover and cook for 10
minutes, frequently tossing and stirring onions with a spatula. Onions are
caramelized when tender and medium-brown in color. DO NOT let the onions
- Check chops for doneness before serving. They will be done when a fork
piercing the thickest part of the chop draws clear juice. If the juice is
pink, cook chops a bit longer until done.
- Serve pork chops with caramelized onions piled on top.
Nutrition per 1 serving: Calories 409kcal (20%) | Carbohydrates 12g
(4%) | Protein 30g (60%) | Fat 26g (40%) | Saturated Fat 14g (88%) |
Cholesterol 135mg (45%) | Sodium 509mg (22%) | Potassium 626mg (18%) | Fiber
1g (4%) | Sugar 7g (8%) | Vitamin A 525IU (11%) | Vitamin C 6mg (7%) |
Calcium 33mg (3%) | Iron 1mg (6%)