Chili Pork with Peanuts and Peaches
Good with rice, baked potatoes or in taco shells, this spicy pork and peanut
mixture may be heated up by adding extra chili, or cooled by cutting it down to
a mere pinch.
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sesame
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 pound French beans, lightly cooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream to serve
- Place the pork in a dish, then mix in the chili, allspice, garlic and sesame
oil. Cover and let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil and stir fry the onion for 5 minutes before adding the pork. Stir
fry the meat until lightly browned all over.
- Add the peanuts and cook for a further 2 minutes before mixing in the beans and
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, so that the beans and peaches are piping
hot and the pork cooked through.
- Add seasoning to taste, then serve at once, offering sour cream with the spicy
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 9/17/02 6:01:27 am.