Chops in a Blanket
- 4 large center-cut pork chops, boneless or bone-in
- 2 packages refrigerated
Southern style biscuits
- 4 slices Swiss cheese or any mild cheese
- 1/4 pound
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pork gravy
- Chopped parsley for
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
Season the chops with salt and pepper. Brown the chops on both sides for 5 minutes.
- While the chops are browning, stack two biscuits on top of each other, and dust
lightly with flour. Roll the biscuits out until 1/8 inch thick. Repeat with 14 more
biscuits, two at a time.
- Place a chop on top of one biscuit patty with the rib bone sticking out (if applicable).
Top the chop with sliced mushrooms and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place another rolled
out biscuit on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the outer edge of the bottom biscuit
with milk and seal the two together using your thumbs or a fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes, or until the biscuit tops
are golden brown.
- Serve immediately topped with brown gravy and chopped parsley.
Applesauce is great with this!