Cranberry Onion Chops
A tangy sauce made from convenience items complements sautéed pork chops in this
skillet supper. Add mashed sweet potatoes, a green salad and dinner rolls.
- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle French dressing
- 1 1-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
(16-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on
one side, about 3-4 minutes.
- In medium bowl stir together dressing, soup mix and cranberry sauce. Turn chops,
pour cranberry mixture over chops and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes, until internal temperature on a
thermometer reads 145 degrees F, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
Nutrition Information: Calories: 420 calories Protein: 23 grams Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 1150 milligrams Cholesterol: 65 milligrams Saturated Fat: 2 grams Carbohydrates:
60 grams Fiber: 2 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.