Garlic and Lime Butterfly Pork Chops
Make it fast with this first place winner from Laura Robinson of Mulkeytown,
IL at the Du Quoin State Fair. Serve with tomato salad and rice.
- 4 boneless pork chops, butterfly cut, about 1/2-inch thick
- 3 limes, juice
only (6 tablespoons)
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup salsa ranch dressing (such as spicy ranch dressing)
- 1/2 cup Monterey
jack cheese, shredded (about 2 ounces)
- Place the pork in a shallow dish, add the lime juice and garlic, turn several
times to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork evenly with the salt and pepper. Heat half of
the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add two of the pork chops,
cook 2 minutes to brown one side. Set aside on separate plate, browned side up.
- Repeat with remaining oil and pork chops. Turn pork chops, add the reserved
pork chops, reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 7-8 minutes or until
internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, followed by a
3-minute rest time. Remove pork and set aside on separate plate.
- Add dressing to liquid in skillet, stir until completely blended. Place pork
on top of sauce, sprinkle cheese evenly over pork, cover and cook 2 minutes to
Serves 4; 1 pork chop plus 1/4 cup sauce per serving.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 620 calories Protein: 53 grams Fat: 42
grams Sodium: 620 milligrams Cholesterol: 165 milligrams Saturated Fat: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Reprinted with permission from
National Pork Council - porkbeinspired.com.