German Stuffed Pork Chops
Pork chops stuffed with a savory apricot filling. This recipe will be a hit at any dinner party.
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) Wisconsin
- muenster cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) apple juice, divided
- 4 loin pork chops with pocket, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl mix together cheese, crumbs, apricots, celery seed and 1/4 cup
- Stuff pockets of chops; reserving about 3/4-1 cup stuffing.
- In large skillet melt butter; slowly brown chops.
- Place celery and carrots in bottom of a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole with cover;
arrange chops over vegetables.
- Top each chop with 1/4 of remaining stuffing. Pour 1/2 cup apple juice over all.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes; remove cover and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.