German Stuffed Pork Chops
Pork chops stuffed with a savory apricot filling. This recipe will be a hit at any dinner party.
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) Wisconsin
- muenster cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) apple juice, divided
- 4 loin pork chops with pocket, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl mix together cheese, crumbs, apricots, celery seed and 1/4 cup
- Stuff pockets of chops; reserving about 3/4-1 cup stuffing.
- In large skillet melt butter; slowly brown chops.
- Place celery and carrots in bottom of a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole with cover;
arrange chops over vegetables.
- Top each chop with 1/4 of remaining stuffing. Pour 1/2 cup apple juice over all.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes; remove cover and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.