Pork Chop Recipes
Glazed Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- 6 to 9 (1/2 inch thick) boneless pork chops or pork loin slices*
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Dash of cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Whisk the eggs and water together in a shallow dish.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- Dip the chops into the flour, then into the egg. Then dip into the flour mixture once again. Be sure to get plenty of flour on in this last coating, then shake them a little and place them in a pan with about a half inch of hot oil.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Try not to turn more than twice or your breading will come off.
- Remove from the pan to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the Glaze.
- Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the pork chops. Flip them over and pour the other 1/2 over the other side.
- Place uncovered in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. This sets the glaze and finishes them to be sure they are cooked through.
- Sauté the garlic a little in the butter.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne and ginger. Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Watch this carefully as it will foam and might boil over.
* Chicken may be used instead of pork chops.