Gold Dust Pork Chops
- 6 butterfly pork chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricot halves,
drained, reserving liquid
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash of ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
large firm pear, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- Marinate pork chops in combined apricot liquid, orange liqueur, sugar, orange
peel and allspice in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place pork chops on broiler pan; reserve marinade.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, puree apricots with reserved marinade and cornstarch in food processor.
- Sauté onion and pear in melted butter in skillet for 3 minutes.
- Add apricot mixture. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in grapes.
- Serve over pork chops.