Imperial Pork Cutlets
- 4 pork chops, boneless
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar OR white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Cilantro sprigs, optional
- Pat chops dry with paper toweling and set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together vinegar, soy sauce, honey and hot pepper sauce;
- Heat oils in 10-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook about
2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low. Add vinegar mixture; cover and cook about 10 minutes until
internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Uncover and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
10 min prep | 20 min cook | Serves 4
Serving Suggestion: An Asian-fused dinner with steamed snow peas, fried
rice and Four Fruit Salad.
Nutrition: Calories: 216 calories Protein: 23 grams Fat: 9 grams Sodium:
820 milligrams Cholesterol: 55 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates:
11 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com