Jelly-Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 to 6 loin or rib pork chops, 3/4-inch-thick
Red Currant Jelly Glaze
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon
slivered orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pork Chops: Heat broiler and prepare pork chops for broiling. Broil one side
of the meat; turn and begin broiling the second side. Remove the meat from broiler
about 3 or 4 minutes before the second side is done.
- Brush Red Currant Jelly Glaze lightly over the meat, return it to the broiler,
and broil, glazed side up, until done.
- Red Currant Jelly Glaze: Melt the jelly or other preserves over low heat or in
a microwave oven. Stir in orange zest and lime juice.
Makes about 1/3 cup glaze, enough for 4 to 6 chops.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/26/2001 6:19 pm.