Just Peachy Peanutty Pork
Most kids adore anything with peanut butter and this pork dish blends that favorite
with the sweetness of peach jam. Have younger cooks help with coating the pork with
the crumb mixture. The result is a dish, ready in about 30 minutes, that appeals
to kids of all ages.
- 6 boneless pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed, cut into 4 x 1 x 1-inch
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peach jam
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with nonstick
- In small saucepan, melt together peanut butter and jam over low heat; remove
from heat. Add pork and toss to coat.
- In a large resealable bag, combine coconut, cracker crumbs, curry powder, ginger
and pepper; shake well to blend. Add pork to bag, a few pieces at a time; shake
to coat.* Place pork in prepared pan and bake 8 minutes.
- Turn and bake 8 minutes more, until coconut is nicely toasted. Serve with hot
rice or couscous and chutney, if desired.
15 minutes prep | 20 minutes cook | Serves 6
* Can also put coconut/crumb mixture in a large shallow dish and turn pieces
of pork to coat.
Nutrition: Calories: 440 calories Protein: 29 grams Fat: 21 grams Sodium:
260 milligrams Cholesterol: 60 milligrams Saturated Fat: 11 grams Carbohydrates:
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.