Mandarin Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 double-rib pork chops with pockets
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 cup dry seasoned stuffing
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup orange juice
- Open pork chops and pound one side at a time until thin.
- Drain oranges, reserving juice. Mix oranges, stuffing, onion, raisins, salt and
pepper, reserving some orange sections for garnish. Add 1/4 cup orange juice and
- Stuff chops and fasten with wooden picks. Place chops in a shallow pan and add
reserved mandarin orange juice.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and continue to bake, basting frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until
chops are golden.
- Garnish with some orange sections.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: The Junior League of Vancouver, British Columbia