Mexican Pork Chops 2
- 6 pork chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt. Brown on both sides in vegetable oil.
- Drain on paper towels. Arrange in baking dish and sprinkle the rice around chops.
- Combine water, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix and salt. Pour over chops and
- Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Remove cover. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with green pepper rings, if desired.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes longer.