Mincemeat-Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 pork loin chops, cut 1 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apples
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Cut lengthwise slit in the side of each pork chop, being careful not to cut through
the top, bottom, or sides. Arrange chops in shallow baking dish.
- Combine next 7 ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil over high flame, stirring
constantly. Reduce flame; simmer 1 minute. Pour mixture over chops and refrigerate
8 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Combine mincemeat, apples and onion.
- Remove chops from marinade. Reserve marinade. Press 1/4 cup apple mixture into
each pork chop and secure edges with wooden picks.
- Heat gas grill.
- Cook chops with cover down on low setting 45 minutes or until done, turning once.
Baste occasionally, with reserved marinade.
Yield: 4 servings
From the kitchen of Lior - Israel