Peach-Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1 cup instant chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1 snack-size can (4 ounce size)
diced peaches, undrained
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 bone-in center loin pork chops (1 inch thick, about 10 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the stuffing mix, peaches, water and butter.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff with peach
mixture and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place chops in an 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine preserves and mustard; spread over chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees
F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until pork juices run clear.
Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Analysis: 1 pork chop (prepared with reduced-sodium stuffing
mix, reduced-fat butter and reduced-sugar preserves) equals 507 calories, 16 g fat
(7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,
41 g protein