Pineapple Upside Down Chops
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 fresh pineapple rings (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon preserves and butter into 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan.
Place in oven until butter is melted; stir to combine and spread
over bottom of pan.
- Meanwhile, brown chops in hot oil over high heat, approximately
2 minutes per side.
- Place pineapple rings in baking pan. Sprinkle rice evenly over surface
of pan; pour water over rice.
- Place one browned chop on top of each
pineapple ring. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and
bake an additional 30 minutes.
- To serve, turn pan over onto serving platter.
Yield: 4 servings
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Treva Key.