Piquant Nectarine Stir Fry
- 1 pound lean pork stir fry strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup peach or nectarine jam
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 nectarines, seeded and wedged
- Combine soy sauce, mustard, jam, ginger, vinegar and cornstarch. Marinate pork
strips in this mixture for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- Remove pork strips from marinade; stir fry quickly with walnuts, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pork and nuts from pan; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add vegetables and stir fry 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return pork and nuts to pan. Add nectarine and remaining marinade. Simmer for
8 to 10 minutes.