- 8 (3/4 inch thick) boneless loin pork chops
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup butter-flavor shortening
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Beat together eggs and water in a small bowl until foamy. Pour into a shallow
- Place stuffing mix in a self-sealing plastic bag; finely crush with a rolling
pin. Stir in Asiago or Parmesan cheese and poppy seeds. Transfer to a second shallow
- Trim fat from chops. Coat chops with crushed mixture. Dip into egg mixture and
coat with crushed mixture again.
- Heat half of the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it
sizzles. Reduce heat to medium. Add 4 of the chops; cook for 6 minutes.
- Turn chops and cook about 6 minutes more or until evenly browned, reducing heat
as necessary to prevent overbrowning.
- Transfer chops to a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining shortening and chops.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Chop Recipes