Pork Chop-Rice Bake
- 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Hot water
- 1 envelope
onion soup mix
- 1 can sliced mushrooms with juice or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- Brown pork chops in oil. Spread rice in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Reserve 1 tablespoon of seasonings from the soup mix. Sprinkle the remaining seasonings
and onion bits over rice.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid, and distribute mushrooms over rice. Add hot
water to reserved mushroom liquid to total 3 cups liquid. Pour this over the rice.
- Arrange browned chops on top of the rice and sprinkle with reserved seasonings.
- Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake at 350 degrees F until just tender, 45
minutes to 1 hour, depending upon thickness of chops.
- Remove lid or foil and continue baking for 10 minutes or until any excess liquid