Pork Chops with Applesauce Gravy
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3 pounds pork chops
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups boiling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Brown chops in frying pan. Remove to 3-quart casserole.
- Brown the garlic in remaining fat. Add flour, salt and pepper. Blend. Add water.
Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add applesauce and lemon juice. Stir. Pour over chops.
- Bake at 425 degrees F until tender (about 1 1/2 hours).