Pork Chops in Ginger Ale
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 large onions
- 4 to 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt half of butter in skillet over medium heat; add sliced onions and sauté
until lightly browned. Remove sliced onions to 2-quart baking dish.
- In same skillet, brown pork chops (about 1 inch thick) in remaining butter.
- Place chops over onions in baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar (firmly packed
- Blend ketchup with flour to form paste; add ginger ale and stir well. Pour ginger
ale mixture over pork chops; sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until chops are tender.
Yield: 4-5 servings