Pork Chops from Heaven
- 2 large or 4 small chops (medium to thick), seasoned with black pepper to taste
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 10 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Cook chopped bacon in hot skillet until browned. Remove bacon from grease and
remove most of the bacon grease from the skillet (leave about 1 tablespoon of grease
in the pan). Reserve the rest of the grease to use later.
- Put chops in hot bacon grease 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side to braise. Remove chops
from pan and cover with foil to keep warm and juicy. If necessary, add a little
bit of bacon grease back to the pan (there should be about 2 tablespoons in the
pan). Add the flour and stir until incorporated with the grease. Cook for a few
minutes until the flour starts to brown and thicken (be careful of burning). Add
the chicken broth and cook until it boils for a minute or two, while stirring. Remove
the gravy and set aside.
- You may need to lightly rinse the pan at this point.
- Add another tablespoon or 2 of bacon grease back to the pan, let it heat up and
add the onions. Once the onions begin to soften, add a tablespoon or 2 of water.
Saute the onions until they are done.
- Nestle the pork chops in the pan among the onions so that the onions are piled
around the chops (be sure to add the juice that has drained from the chops while
they were resting). Add the gravy back to the pan over the chops and onions, turn
the heat down to a low simmer. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
Best served with steamed white rice.
This recipe is best when made all in one large heavy frying pan.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Brandie Martin.