Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced and quartered
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ounce Sherry or whatever you want to deglaze the pan
- Parsley for garnish
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a cast iron or other oven-proof skillet, toss the onions and
mushrooms in with a tablespoon of butter. Let the mushrooms reduce and
the onions sweat, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the
mushrooms are reduced down and the onions are soft, remove from pan.
- Put pork chops into the pan and brown. Add salt and pepper to the
- Once browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- Leaving the heat at medium high, pour in the Sherry or whatever type
liquid you want to deglaze the pan. Allow to reduce down while scraping
the bottom of the pan to get all the bits loose, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and the chicken broth and stir until
- Add the garlic, thyme and paprika and stir to combine.
- Return everything to the pan, making sure that the pork chops are
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, depending upon how thick the pork chops
- Remove from oven and serve over rice or with mashed potatoes,
garnished with parsley, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Chop Recipes