Pork Chops Ole
- 6 (1/2-inch thick) loin pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning mix (2 tablespoons)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt and
- Meanwhile, in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, combine rice, water, tomato
sauce and taco seasoning; mix well.
- Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or until chops are browned and
juices run clear.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.