Pork Chops with Sofrito
Thin chops in a quick braise make a fast and easy dinner.
- 8 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup EACH diced white onion, green and red bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (8 ounce) cans Salsa de Tomate (La Preferida or Goya)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork loin chops
and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add diced onions, peppers and garlic; cook 5 minutes until
browned and softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce and chili powder, cook for 5 minutes; reduce heat to low.
- Return pork loin chops to pan. Simmer for 8 to10 minutes until chops are cooked
- Serve over yellow rice with pigeon peas.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 216 calories Protein 26 grams Fat 9 grams Sodium
429 milligrams Cholesterol 67 milligrams Saturated Fat 2 grams Carbohydrates 11
grams Fiber 2 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.