Pork Chops with Sour Cream Gravy
- 3 pounds boneless pork chops or boneless pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the pork chops or ribs in the oil with salt and pepper. Remove the
chops to a casserole dish.
- Add the flour to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and onion soup mix and cook until thickened.
- Pour the onion soup over top. Cover and bake for one hour, then remove
cover and bake for 30-45 minutes more to reduce and thicken the gravy.
- When done, remove the chops and stir in the sour cream. Place the pork
chops or ribs back into the sauce and serve.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or butttered noodles.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings